Author Topic: Leica + Autodesk, BLK360  (Read 120 times)

zuberio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Leica + Autodesk, BLK360
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:03:44 pm »
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/reality-computing/leica-autodesk-a-reality-capture-game-changer/ba-p/6689660

Autodesk has teamed up with Leica in an attempt to upend the laser scanner world with what I would call the iPhone of laser scanners. I've handled a non-functioning prototype of the device and it physically feels amazing. And from what little information I can gather on the as-yet unreleased device capabilities - Leica hasn't cut corners on the 'crispness' of the scanned data. Anyone else have more info to add about this?

Social Buttons

kirk.stalkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Leica + Autodesk, BLK360
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »
Scanner looks amazing, I like your reference to Apple ;) It's even more fitting, as it seems to be geared towards designers for gathering quick as-built data at the beginning of a project instead of survey level accuracy. Price point is nice, might help sway some people into buying one of these instead of sending out a junior with a tape measure. Another thing I like is that you don't need to place targets, as it has motion sensors to locate itself for registration.